Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blessed are they that are called to the marriage-supper of the Lamb.




Hopeful: Yes, and he told me it was the Lord Jesus, that dwelleth on the right hand of the Most High. And thus, said he, you must be justified by Him, even by trusting to what He hath done by Himself in the days of His flesh, and suffered when He did hang on the tree. I asked him further, how that Man’s righteousness could be of that efficacy to justify another before God. And he told me He was a mighty God, and did what He did, and died the death also not for Himself, but for me; to whom His doings, and the worthiness of them, should be imputed, if I believed on Him.
Christian: And what did you do then?
Hopeful: I made my objections against my believing, for that I thought He was not willing to save me.
Christian: And what said Faithful to you then?
Hopeful: He bid me go to Him and see. Then I said it was presumption. He said, No; for I was invited to come.

- The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan



No comments: